Multiple Buildings Evacuated in Paris as 'Bomb Threats' Made Against Several Locations
- Multiple buildings in Paris were evacuated after threats, with Paris police reporting at least one alert shortly before 6pm this evening as officers conduct searches.
- French media reported that several emails containing threats to blow up various locations were sent to different authorities, referencing potential explosive devices at multiple sites.
- Montparnasse Tower was identified among targets, including Sciences Po Paris, as specialist sniffer dogs and security teams swept sites while police sealed off surrounding areas.
- A police source said some establishments requested evacuation and verification as a security measure, while local authorities advised avoiding the 15th Arrondissement and Manuel Bompard confirmed all employees and activists are safe after evacuating the LFI headquarters.
- Hours after police detained two additional suspects in the Deranque case, buildings were evacuated following bomb threats tied to the fatal assault on Quentin Deranque last week.
49 Articles
49 Articles
A series of emails with bomb threats has led to the eviction this Friday of the skyscraper of Torre Montparnasse and the Institute of Political Studies of Paris (Sciences Po), according to police sources to BFM TV and Le Figaro.The Eiffel Tower was also the subject of this alert, but it was not evacuated, according to the same sources to BFM TV."This investigation, by the Paris Police Headquarters, is currently under way," according to police so…
The Tour Montparnasse, one of Paris' tallest skyscrapers, was evacuated last night after a bomb threat. Another building was also evacuated after a bomb threat. The reports came in around 6:00 PM, according to news channel BFMTV. Approximately 5,000 people work in the 212-meter-high Tour Montparnasse, and the upper floors are popular tourist attractions. Police checked the building for hours and found no explosives. Sciences Po, a prestigious ed…
Bomb threat emails prompt evacuations at major Paris sites
Several high-profile sites in Paris were evacuated on February 20 after French authorities received a series of bomb threat emails warning of possible attacks at multiple locations in the capital. Police said the evacuations were carried out as a precaution while specialist units assessed the threats and searched the affected premises. The Paris Prefecture of Police confirmed that the emails… Source
Several buildings in Paris have been evacuated this Friday, including the Montparnasse Tower and the faculty of Sciences Po Paris, after having received several bomb threats. Police sources have confirmed several French media, including the BFM chain and Le Figaro, the threats arrived simultaneously by email. The details have not been specified and the investigation is ongoing. The alert also involved the Eiffel Tower and the Bataclan concert ha…
A report was made at the end of the afternoon concerning an explosive device, in several places in the capital. As a precaution, the Montparnasse tower and Sciences Po were evacuated in the wake. The raising of doubt was carried out at the institution of higher studies, while it continued at the tower in the evening. - Paris: the Montparnasse tower and Sciences Po evacuated Friday night after a bomb alert (Police, justice and other facts).
Several capital locations have been evacuated preventively after the authorities have received e-mails threatening to "exploit several locations in Paris". Search has not yet revealed anything.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 36% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


























