Jose Mourinho leaves Fenerbahce after Champions League qualification failure
Jose Mourinho departs Fenerbahce after failing to qualify for UEFA Champions League group stage; club invests €46 million in transfers but faces Europa League this season.
- Jose Mourinho was sacked as Fenerbahce manager after the club failed to qualify for the Champions League.
- Mourinho had been in charge of Fenerbahce for only eight months, leading them to a second-place finish in the Turkish Super Lig.
- Fenerbahce announced they had 'parted ways' with Mourinho following their 1-0 aggregate loss to Benfica in the Champions League play-offs.
102 Articles
102 Articles
Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho, recently released from the Fenerbachce Istanbul club's technical bank, would have received 15 million euros for his departure.
Mourinho Sacked by Türkiye's Fenerbahce
Türkiye's Fenerbahce on Friday sacked their Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho, two days after the club was eliminated from the Champions League playoffs by Benfica, it said in a statement. "We are parting ways with Jose Mourinho, manager of our professional A team since the 2024-2025 season," it said in a statement. Mourinho, 62, took charge of Fenerbahce in July 2024 after leaving AS Roma. A statement from the Istanbul club, chasing their first Tu…
The Fenerbahçe announced that they fired coach Jose Mourinho after failing to qualify the team for the Champions League. "We fired José Mourinho, who has been the coach of our Professional A Football Team since the 2024-2025 season. We thank him for his effort for our team and wish him success in his career," established the Turkish club statement. Thus, Mexican Edson Álvarez, who signed a few days ago and has not debuted, was left wanting to be…
José Mourinho brought Milan Škriniar to Fenerbahce and now he's been fired.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 45% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium