Married at First Sight UK 'brides' say they were raped by onscreen husbands
- Three women have accused their partners of sexual misconduct, including rape, during filming for Married at First Sight UK, with allegations featured in a BBC Panorama episode titled 'The Dark Side of Married at First Sight' airing tonight.
- Billed as a 'bold social experiment,' the popular reality series matches strangers in mock weddings, but contributors allege the production failed to protect them, with one woman claiming her onscreen husband threatened an acid attack.
- Baroness Helena Kennedy, chair of the Creative Industries Independent Standards Authority, stated that non-consensual sexual acts 'can amount to a sexual violation,' while the women told the BBC they felt they should have been better protected.
- Channel 4 and CPL Productions described the show's welfare procedures as 'gold standard,' though outgoing chief content officer Ian Katz said the allegations are 'wholly uncorroborated and disputed,' promising a response after viewing the documentary.
- Women's Aid called the reported allegations 'disturbing' and 'incredibly worrying,' emphasizing that violence against women 'does not discriminate and can impact anyone,' even those appearing on national television programs.
162 Articles
162 Articles
Channel 4 pulls all episodes of 'Married at First Sight UK' after sexual misconduct claims
Channel 4 has pulled all episodes of “Married at First Sight UK” after three contestants claimed they were sexually assaulted by on-screen partners. The broadcaster calls the allegations “very serious.” The British government said on Tuesday there must be “consequences…
Channel 4 has axed all seasons of the British version of Married at First Sight after two women accused their partners on the show of rape. The format has been criticised for pressuring contestants into intimacy.
Two Married at First Sight UK wives claim they were raped by onscreen husbands
Two women have alleged they were raped during the filming of Married at First Sight UK, according to a BBC investigation that prompted Channel 4, a British broadcaster, to remove all previous seasons of the reality TV show while it reviews the allegations.
Married at First Sight UK spin-off set to continue pre-production amid external review into main show
Married at First Sight UK’s new spin-off series Second Marriage at First Sight is reportedly set to continue pre-production.In a recent BBC Panorama investigation, two women said they were raped by partners they met on the main show, while a third described an allegation of a non-consensual sex act. They all said the show did not do enough to protect them.Channel 4 announced on Monday that it had commissioned an external review last month into c…
According to the BBC, two former participants in this reality TV program claimed to have been raped by their partners. Channel 4 has conducted an external investigation and removed all episodes from its streaming services.
During the filming of the TV show "Married At First Sight" two women are said to have been raped. A third woman described the BBC sexual misconduct of her "Matches". He has gone too far during sex and crossed a border, said the participant. In the show, which is produced by the production company CPL, singles are brought together by professionals and get to know each other only on the day of their wedding. The marriages concluded in it are not l…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 49% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium































