Lindell calls for self-funded recount after 11-point loss in Minnesota governor’s primary
Lindell says the recount could cost about $825,000 and could advance his push to replace electronic voting machines with paper ballots.
- On Wednesday, former MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell announced he will personally pay for a statewide hand recount and audit of all paper ballots from the August 11 Minnesota Republican primary for governor.
- Minnesota House Speaker Lisa Demuth defeated Lindell by roughly 11 percent, or about 45,000 votes; Lindell claims he identified "anomalies" in electronic reporting data, including "vote totals that moved backwards."
- State law permits candidates to request a full hand count within five days of the canvass, though the margin falls far outside the 0.25% threshold required for automatic state-funded recounts.
- Lindell stated the recount serves as a "gateway" to remove electronic voting machines, which he alleges are easily hacked, despite state officials reporting no irregularities in the election process.
- The effort follows Lindell's history of promoting unproven claims about the 2020 election, and he faces a pending defamation suit where a jury may decide whether to award Smartmatic $1.5 billion in damages.
47 Articles
47 Articles
Trump-Backed GOP Primary Loser Willing To Pay ‘Upwards Of $1 Million’ To Recount Double-Digit Loss
“Even if this recount and audit does not overturn my election for governor of Minnesota, I believe this is the gateway to getting rid of these electronic voting machines,” Mike Lindell said.
Trump-backed Mike Lindell demands a recount of Minnesota votes despite losing big
Election-denying ‘My Pillow’ founder, who can’t cover court fees in Smartmatic defeat, is trying to self-fund a recount of the Minnesota primary he lost by a wide margin
Mike Lindell lost Minnesota's GOP primary by 11 points. He's now ready to spend $1M on a recount: 'Personally go in there myself'
Mike Lindell lost the Minnesota Republican primary for governor by 11 percentage points. According to NBC News, the MyPillow founder now says he is prepared to spend upwards of $1 million on a full hand recount of the results from the August 11 contest. Lindell finished behind Minnesota House Speaker Lisa Demuth in the race. He had received an endorsement from President Donald Trump. On election night, Lindell refused to concede as the numbers s…
Mike Lindell and $825K to spare for a recount
Mike Lindell, the Trump-backed Republican gubernatorial candidate who lost his primary bid last week, announced his intention on Wednesday to pay for a “hand recount and audit” of the election, according to MPR News. The move follows a Monday filing by Lindell’s running mate of an “errors, omissions and wrongful acts” petition, alleging election-related problems. But if he goes through with it, recounts don’t come cheap: Secretary of State Steve…
Lindell Wants Recount After Losing Primary, Says He'll Pay
Mike Lindell, who lost Minnesota's Republican primary for governor by about 45,000 votes, now wants every ballot recounted—and says he'll pick up the tab. The MyPillow CEO announced Wednesday that he'll seek a full hand count, arguing it could lead to eliminating electronic voting machines, which he claims...
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 52% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium































