Libya's central bank suspends operations after kidnapping of official
- Libya's Central Bank suspended all operations following the kidnapping of its information technology director, Musab Msallem, in Tripoli.
- The bank stated it would "not resume operations" until Msallem is released, citing threats to other executives.
- The abduction was carried out by an unidentified group, prompting the bank's condemnation of "unlawful parties.
47 Articles
47 Articles
Libya central bank suspends operations after kidnapping of director
The central bank, which is independent but owned by the Libyan state, is the sole internationally recognized repository of Libya's oil revenues, a vital economic source of income for a country torn for years between rival governments in Tripoli and Benghazi.
Libya central bank 'suspends all operations' after official abducted
Tripoli, Libya — The Central Bank of Libya said on Sunday it was “suspending all operations” after a bank official was abducted in the capital Tripoli, in a statement posted on social media. Musab Msallem, head of information technology at the Central Bank, “was kidnapped by an unidentified group from his house this morning,” said
Libya central bank halts operations over employee abduction
The Central Bank of Libya said that its head of information technology was kidnapped by an unidentified group and that other executives had been threatened. It comes a week after gunmen laid seige to the bank's HQ.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 38% of the sources lean Right
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage