JPMorgan concedes it closed Trump’s accounts after Jan. 6 amid $5B lawsuit
JPMorgan Chase admitted closing Trump and affiliated business accounts after the Capitol attack, amid a $5 billion lawsuit alleging politically motivated debanking.
- On February 22, 2026, JPMorgan Chase acknowledged in a court filing this week that it closed President Donald Trump's accounts after the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol.
- The bank's Feb. 19, 2021 letters to Trump Organization officials said certain commercial and private bank accounts would be closed and gave a two-month transfer window, noting `We will continue to maintain your Accounts and related services until April 19, 2021,' Jeffrey McConney added.
- Trump's complaint argues JPMorgan placed him on a reputational 'blacklist' and seeks damages, alleging the closures were politically motivated and disrupted his business operations.
- In motions filed this week, JPMorgan argued that New York is the proper forum because the accounts were located there and declined further comment beyond filings, its spokeswoman said.
- Court records show Trump's accounts at JPMorgan date back to at least 1986, and the dispute feeds into a broader debanking debate as conservative politicians allege discrimination; this follows similar litigation against Capital One.
71 Articles
71 Articles
JPMorgan concedes for the first time Trump's accounts were closed after Jan 6 — ‘proves claim’, say President's lawyers
Up until now, JPMorgan Chase had not admitted to closing Trump's accounts after the 6 January insurrection, and the admission drew a sharp reaction from the US President's lawyers, who said the court filing proved his claims.
JPMorgan admits closing Trump-affiliated bank accounts after Jan 6 Capitol riot amid $5B lawsuit
JPMorgan Chase Bank recently admitted it closed President Donald Trump's bank accounts following the Jan. 6, 2021, breach of the U.S. Capitol, a confession spurred by a $5 billion legal challenge from the president last month.The suit, brought against the bank and its CEO, Jamie Dimon, in Miami state court, accused the financial institution of debanking Trump for political reasons.In a new court filing, Dan Wilkening, chief administrative office…
JPMorgan Admits to Debanking Trump: Closed 50+ Accounts After January 6th
JPMorgan Chase just admitted what President Trump has been saying all along. The nation's largest bank confirmed Friday that it closed more than 50 of Trump's personal and business bank accounts in February 2021 — just weeks after January 6th.
Documents Confirm JPMorgan Closed Trump’s Bank Accounts After Jan. 6 Capitol Breach
New court documents released Friday show JPMorgan Chase told President Donald Trump a month after the January 2021 breach of the U.S. Capitol that the bank was closing his accounts. The disclosure was made amid a $5 billion lawsuit Trump filed against JPMorgan and its CEO Jamie Dimon. JPMorgan, the largest bank in the United States, did not specify a reason for the account closures in letters it sent to Trump and the Trump Organization on Feb. 1…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 39% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
































