Israel returns 15 more Palestinian bodies to Gaza as first phase of ceasefire nears end
The handover completes the first phase of the US-brokered ceasefire with 345 Palestinian bodies returned, as officials prepare for the next stage involving disarmament and reconstruction oversight.
- Today, Amnesty International said Israeli authorities continue committing genocide against Palestinians in the occupied Gaza Strip despite the ceasefire, with no evidence their intent has changed.
- Amnesty says Israeli authorities restrict access to humanitarian aid and essential services, imposing conditions calculated to destroy Palestinians after months of blockade and siege earlier this year.
- Data cited by Amnesty show at least 327 people, including 136 children, killed since the ceasefire announced on 9 October, with Israel killing 345 Palestinians and demolishing over 1,500 structures.
- Mass enforced hunger continues with 50 million tons of rubble atop over 10,000 unrecovered bodies, deepening the humanitarian collapse for Palestinians in Gaza.
- In recent weeks, signs show the international community easing pressure, with Germany citing the ceasefire when lifting an arms export suspension as of 24 November, while states are urged to halt arms transfers.
147 Articles
147 Articles
Israel returns 15 more Palestinian bodies to Gaza as first phase of ceasefire nears end
KHAN YOUNIS, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israel handed over the bodies of 15 Palestinians on Wednesday, a day after Hamas returned the remains of an Israeli hostage. This is the latest exchange as part of a U.S.-brokered ceasefire reached last month, whose first phase is winding down even as violence continues in Palestinian territories. The remains of two hostages, one Israeli and a Thai national who were abducted in the Oct. 7, 2023 Hamas-led attack on …
Israeli soldiers appear to kill Palestinian men in West Bank after they surrender
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli soldiers on Thursday appeared to kill a pair of Palestinian men in the occupied West Bank after they had surrendered to troops, drawing Palestinian accusations that the men were executed “in cold blood.” The Israeli military said it was investigating. The killings, captured in a pair of videos shown on two Arab TV stations, came as Israel pressed ahead with its latest offensive in the West Bank, where the army has steppe…
Israeli soldiers appear to kill Palestinian men in West Bank after they surrender
Israeli soldiers appeared to kill a pair of Palestinian men in the occupied West Bank after they had surrendered to troops, drawing Palestinian accusations that the men were executed “in cold blood.” The Israeli military said it was investigating. The…
In a report published on Thursday, the NGO warns against "the illusion of a return to normality" since the entry into force of the ceasefire on 10 October, including restrictions on the entry of humanitarian aid, forced displacement or refusal of medical evacuations.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 58% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium































