One year on, No Other Land co-director says Israeli attacks intensifying
Hamdan Ballal says Israeli settlers attacked his family home again, with four relatives detained and one hospitalized amid escalating settler violence in the West Bank, court order unheeded.
- On Sunday, Israeli settlers stormed Hamdan Ballal's hometown of Susya, leaving four relatives arrested and one brother hospitalised.
- Two weeks after an Israeli court ruling closed the area to non-residents, the Israeli government approved resuming West Bank land registration, which critics say advances annexation.
- Ballal says the Israeli army arrived first, attacked everyone inside and arrested two brothers, a nephew and a cousin, while one brother was badly injured and hospitalised and another was later hospitalised with breathing difficulties.
- The film community amplified Ballal's statement and shared his post, while more than 900 AMPAS members condemned its initial response, prompting an apology and broader support.
- No Other Land documents the gradual erasure of Masafer Yatta, and the film's site notes the July 28 death of Palestinian activist Awdah/ Odeh Hathaleen, who was featured in the film.
13 Articles
13 Articles
Hamdan Ballal anticipates the foreseeable question and answers it between annoyance and anxiety. “I know that you are going to ask me: ‘If this is not life, why are you staying?’ Well, because I don’t have to leave my land... It’s a question that puts responsibility on the victim. The question is why if international law forbids what happens to me, nothing happens.” In his situation, he adds, leaving would not be “a choice” like those taken ever…
The Palestinian co-director of the documentary ‘No Other Land’ (Óscar a mejor documentary 2025), Hamdan Ballal, denounced this Tuesday at the door of his house in the village of Susiya, southern occupied West Bank, that the settlers no longer only attack him, but also his family. “I believe that during the last month here, in my house, the situation has worsened. And I have not been physically punished, like Hamdan, but that they have begun to p…
Oscar-Winning ‘No Other Land’ Co-Director Hamdan Ballal Denounces New Attack by Israeli Settlers, Says Brother Hospitalized, Family Members Arrested
Hamdan Ballal, co-director of Oscar-winning documentary “No Other Land” has sounded an alarm saying his family has been attacked again by the same Israeli settlers who targeted him shortly after his Oscar win in March 2025. The new attack has caused one of his brothers to be hospitalised, while four members of his family have […]
‘No Other Land’ Co-Director Says Family Was Attacked by Same Man Who Targeted Him One Year Ago
“No Other Land” co-director Hamdan Ballal said on social media that the same person who targeted him following his Oscar victory has attacked his family and left his brother hospitalized. Ballal’s “No Other Land” co-directors Yuval Abraham and Basel Adra shared the statement on their social media. Ballal added that the settler who went after him after returning from winning the Best Documentary Oscar in 2025 “again led an attack against my home …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 67% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium












