Hezbollah chief Naim Qassem warns of possible new conflict after Israel kills senior commander
Hezbollah's leader Naim Qassem said the group reserves the right to retaliate for the killing of its top commander and said a new conflict with Israel remains possible.
- On Friday, Naim Qassem warned that Hezbollah would decide when and how to respond after the Israel Defense Forces killed senior commander Haytham Ali Tabtabai in a strike in Beirut's southern suburbs, calling it `a blatant aggression.`
- Haytham Ali Tabtabai, senior Hezbollah commander, had been one of the most consequential figures in Hezbollah, leading its rehabilitation and working with Iran to re-establish the group's structure.
- Having mapped the command picture, Military Intelligence Directorate and Israel Defense Forces units exploited a unique operational opportunity, using target-research, operations, and air force units to eliminate a Hezbollah senior command figure.
- Qassem said the group retains the right to respond and did not rule out a new war, urging Lebanon to prepare based on its army and people amid Israel and United States pressure to disarm Hezbollah.
- Since the elimination, the division has identified several potential Hezbollah successors, and the Military Intelligence Directorate has refined its capabilities facing challenges since Oct. 7.
42 Articles
42 Articles
Hezbollah signals retaliation after Israeli strike kills top commander
Beirut: Hezbollah signalled that it will retaliate for the assassination of senior commander Haytham Tabtabai, with the group’s leader Naim Qassem declaring that the movement will decide the timing of its response. Speaking at the memorial ceremony for Tabtabai and other slain Hezbollah members on Friday, Qassem called the killing “blatant aggression and a crime,” stating that Hezbollah’s right to respond is “established” and that the group “wi…
Hezbollah "has the right to respond" in due course to Israel's assassination of its military leader, said Sheikh Naim Qassem.
Hezbollah's secretary general Naim Qassem said on Friday that the group has the right to respond to Israel's assassination of its chief military officer, and number two of the formation, in an attack last week in the suburbs of southern Beirut.Haizam Ali Tabatabai was killed after a bombing by the Israeli army last weekend against the capital of Lebanon, despite the ceasefire that has been in place for a year now. "This is a flagrant act of aggr…
Hezbollah "has the right to respond" in due course to Israel's assassination of its military leader, said Lebanese formation leader Naïm Qassem on Friday.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 44% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium























