Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Trump’s First Board of Peace Meeting Sees Lofty Pledges, but Questions Remain

Nine nations pledged over $7 billion for Gaza relief, with plans for a technocratic committee and international stabilization force amid ongoing ceasefire challenges.

  • On Thursday, U.S. President Donald Trump convened the inaugural Board of Peace meeting in Washington, DC, to oversee Gaza’s truce and manage phase two of disarmament and reconstruction.
  • Initially proposed in September, the Board was launched at Davos after being formally established last month, backed by a UN Security Council resolution in mid-November, authorized the International Stabilisation Force.
  • On Thursday, Trump said nine nations pledged more than $7 billion and the US will contribute $10 billion to Gaza relief, with Indonesia accepting a deputy commander role in the ISF and up to 8,000 troops offered.
  • Hamas on Tuesday urged the Board of Peace to pressure Israel to stop violations, saying `We call on the Board of Peace in its next meeting to take serious action to oblige the Israeli occupation to stop its violations in Gaza`,
  • High Representative Nickolay Mladenov said full demilitarization is required to start Gaza reconstruction, while the technocratic Palestinian committee remains stuck in Cairo and less than 60 percent of aid reaches Gaza, UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric reported.
Insights by Ground AI
Podcasts & Opinions

22 Articles

CNNCNN
+7 Reposted by 7 other sources
Lean Left

Trump’s first Board of Peace meeting sees lofty pledges, but questions remain

It had the hallmarks of a Trump political rally – Laura Branigan’s “Gloria” blaring over speakers and red “USA” hats handed out to participants.

·Atlanta, United States
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 42% of the sources lean Left, 42% of the sources are Center
42% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Middle East Eye broke the news in London, United Kingdom on Monday, February 16, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal