Two Former Mexican Officials Facing Drug Conspiracy Charges Turn Themselves In To U.S.
The former ministers are accused of helping the Chapitos protect drug shipments and face charges that could bring life sentences, prosecutors said.
8 Articles
8 Articles
2 former Sinaloa officials in US custody following drug trafficking indictment
Two of the 10 current and former Sinaloa-based officials charged in a U.S. drug trafficking indictment that was unsealed last month are now in U.S. custody. Gerardo Mérida Sánchez, a former Sinaloa security minister, and Enrique Díaz Vega, a former Sinaloa administration and finance minister, turned themselves in to U.S. authorities last week, according to the Mexican government and media reports. Both men served in the government of Sinaloa Gov…
You have already noticed that both General Gerardo Mérida Sánchez and Enrique Díaz Vega have not hired heavy gringo lawyers... How strange, no? Because if something you have to know, it is that with the enormous weight of the accusations the two should be dead of fear of what is coming, to them, to their families and even to the associates who share any of their faults. The two former officials of Governor Rubén Rocha Moya are educated people wi…
Versions on deliveries to the United States shake the political and criminal scene of Sinaloa in the midst of growing uncertainty. By José Luis Camacho Acevedo Gerardo Mérida and Enrique Díaz in the United States Retired General Gerardo Mérida, who when he was active within the Defense handled nothing less than Military Intelligence, and who was finance secretary of Rubén Rocha Moya, Enrique Díaz, negotiated his surrender to the United States au…
In the midst of the growing controversy over the voluntary handing over of two former Rubén Rocha government officials to the U.S. authorities, after being accused of alleged links with drug trafficking. President Claudia Sheinbaum said these investigations do not pose a threat to her administration or to the government headed by Morena. What Claudia Sheinbaum said about the [...] La entrada Claudia Sheinbaum discards risk for her government aft…
On Monday, President Claudia Sheinbaum minimized the handing over to the United States of Gerardo Mérida Sánchez, former Secretary of Security of Sinaloa and Enrique Díaz Vega, former holder of Administration and Finance, for the remarks against him in the Rocha Moya case. At his morning conference, the press asked the president if she considers that there is any risk that these former Sinaloan officials might reveal. «No risk, no risk, no risk,…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 34% of the sources lean Left, 33% of the sources are Center, 33% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





