Deadly DR Congo Ebola outbreak spreads to rebel-held South Kivu
The WHO says the outbreak has spread to rebel-held territory and is suspected of causing 139 deaths from nearly 600 probable cases.
4 Articles
4 Articles
After the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the authorities confirmed a first case of infection in the eastern province of South Kivu. On Thursday, the authorities spoke of a confirmed case and a suspected case in the province. A spokesman for the M23 militia said that the infected person had already died as a result of the infection. The case had been registered in the provincial capital of Bukavu, which has been under the…
Deadly DRC Ebola outbreak spreads to M23-held South Kivu
An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has spread to a part of eastern South Kivu province under the control of the Rwanda-backed M23 militia, the group’s spokesman said on Thursday, heightening fears of the deadly disease’s growing spread. Efforts to get a grip on the latest outbreak of the highly contagious haemorrhagic fever, which the World Health Organization has declared an international emergency, have been hampered by the …
Deadly DR Congo Ebola outbreak spreads to rebel-held South Kivu
A first Ebola case has been confirmed in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo's South Kivu province, in an area under the Rwanda-backed M23 militia's control, the armed group's spokesman said Thursday.
A case of Ebola has been confirmed in South Kivu province in eastern Congo, hundreds of kilometers from the previous epicenter of the outbreak, the rebel alliance that controls the area said on Thursday, raising concerns about the further spread of the epidemic.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 67% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



