Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Colts GM Believes QB Anthony Richardson Will Still Be a Part of Team's Future

The Colts keep Anthony Richardson on their roster despite Daniel Jones winning the starting quarterback role, emphasizing Richardson's development potential, GM Chris Ballard said.

  • Speaking for the first time since the Indianapolis Colts named Daniel Jones their starting quarterback earlier this month, GM Chris Ballard said, `Both of them competed, professional, battled to the end, and at the end of the day, Daniel won the job`.
  • Coach Shane Steichen said Daniel Jones' superior command of the pre-snap operation influenced his choice, noting Richardson's benching for two games and 47.7% completion amid the Colts' 10-quarterback carousel.
  • Ballard, noting talks with Richardson's agent, said Wednesday, `No, we are not trading him` and emphasized the franchise isn't done with Anthony Richardson despite ongoing discussions.
  • Asked about development, Ballard said Richardson benefits from the backup role where "the pressure is still there because he's one play away," but growth questions linger given his 13 college and 15 pro starts.
  • The Colts announced their 53-man roster on Tuesday, which includes three quarterbacks, keeping Richardson on the roster and reducing reasons to trade him before kickoff at 1 p.m. on Sunday, August 7.
Insights by Ground AI
Does this summary seem wrong?

18 Articles

Ottumwa CourierOttumwa Courier
+7 Reposted by 7 other sources
Center

Colts GM believes QB Anthony Richardson will still be a part of team's future

Indianapolis Colts general manager Chris Ballard still believes Anthony Richardson will be part of the franchise’s long-term future. In fact, he still considers Richardson a potential franchise quarterback. Eight days after coach Shane Steichen announced that Daniel Jones had won…

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 55% of the sources are Center
55% Center

Factuality 

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Fox 59 Indianapolis broke the news in Indianapolis, United States on Wednesday, August 27, 2025.
Sources are mostly out of (0)
News
For You
Search
BlindspotLocal