Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released after arrest, remains under investigation
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on suspicion of sharing confidential UK trade reports with Jeffrey Epstein; police conducted searches at his Norfolk and Berkshire properties.
- On Thursday, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the former Duke of York, was taken into custody at Wood Farm on suspicion of misconduct in public office and later released under investigation, Thames Valley Police confirmed.
- The investigation was prompted by the US Department of Justice Epstein files and focuses on allegations linked to his UK trade‑envoy role, Thames Valley Police said.
- Officers in plain clothes arrived in six unmarked police cars at Wood Farm, carrying laptops and equipment, while photographs showed Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor lying back in a car leaving custody.
- A Buckingham Palace statement said the family will offer full cooperation if approached by police, while Virginia Giuffre's family celebrated the arrest.
- Observers and policing experts said this is the first senior royal arrested in modern history, with Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor stripped of royal titles last November and facing misconduct in public office charges.
87 Articles
87 Articles
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested by police officers of the Tumasi Valley, who were searching in Norfolk and Berkshire
Andrew latest: Mountbatten-Windsor released under investigation after 12 hours of questioning
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been released from police custody nearly 12 hours after his arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office over revelations in the Epstein files. The former duke has denied any wrongdoing in connection with Jeffrey Epstein. Follow the latest below.
Former British Prince Andrew left the police station where he was staying on Thursday evening after being arrested earlier in the day, a witness told the Reute...
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released from custody, remains under investigation over public office misconduct
While Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been released under investigation, authorities have confirmed that searches conducted in Norfolk have now concluded. The case remains ongoing, and no charges have been filed at this time.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 45% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




























