Published 4 hours ago • loading... • Updated 2 hours ago
Trump says US will send additional 5,000 troops to Poland
Trump said the deployment follows his relationship with President Karol Nawrocki, as the Pentagon cuts Europe-based brigade teams from four to three.
On Thursday, President Donald Trump announced the United States will deploy an additional 5,000 troops to Poland, reversing recent signals regarding the country's defense presence.
Trump cited his relationship with Karol Nawrocki as the reason for the decision, noting his endorsement during Nawrocki's campaign against Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk's candidate.
Two days before the announcement, Vice President Vance told reporters that a U.S. troop deployment to Poland had been delayed, creating confusion over the administration's military strategy.
During a White House meeting last September, Trump pledged to secure Poland's defense, strengthening engagement with Nawrocki before this latest troop commitment.
The United States has been reviewing its military presence in Europe, where Trump has demanded NATO take a larger defense role, positioning this deployment within broader strategy.