JPMorgan concedes it closed Trump’s accounts after Jan. 6 amid $5B lawsuit
JPMorgan Chase admitted closing Trump and affiliated business accounts after the Capitol attack, amid a $5 billion lawsuit alleging politically motivated debanking.
- On February 22, 2026, JPMorgan Chase acknowledged in a court filing this week that it closed President Donald Trump's accounts after the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol.
- The bank's Feb. 19, 2021 letters to Trump Organization officials said certain commercial and private bank accounts would be closed and gave a two-month transfer window, noting `We will continue to maintain your Accounts and related services until April 19, 2021,' Jeffrey McConney added.
- Trump's complaint argues JPMorgan placed him on a reputational 'blacklist' and seeks damages, alleging the closures were politically motivated and disrupted his business operations.
- In motions filed this week, JPMorgan argued that New York is the proper forum because the accounts were located there and declined further comment beyond filings, its spokeswoman said.
- Court records show Trump's accounts at JPMorgan date back to at least 1986, and the dispute feeds into a broader debanking debate as conservative politicians allege discrimination; this follows similar litigation against Capital One.
44 Articles
44 Articles
JPMorgan concedes it closed Trump's accounts after Jan 6 attack
New York: JPMorgan Chase acknowledged for the first time that it closed the bank accounts of President Donald Trump and several of his businesses in the political and legal aftermath of the January 6, 2021, attacks on the US Capitol, the latest development in a legal saga over the controversial practice of “debanking.” The acknowledgement came in a court filing submitted this week in Trump’s lawsuit against the bank and its leader, Jamie Dimon. …
JPMorgan admits for the first time it closed Trump’s accounts after the Jan. 6 attack as lender fights his $5 billion ‘debanking’ lawsuit
JPMorgan Chase acknowledged for the first time that it closed the bank accounts of President Donald Trump and several of his businesses in the political and legal aftermath of the Jan. 6, 2021 attacks on the U.S. Capitol, the latest development in a legal saga between the president and the nation’s biggest bank over the issue known as “debanking.” The acknowledgment came in a court filing submitted this week in Trump’s lawsuit against the bank a…
JPMorgan admits it shuttered Trump’s accounts following Jan. 6 Capitol riot
JPMorgan Chase acknowledged for the first time that it closed the bank accounts of President Donald Trump and several of his businesses in the political and legal aftermath of the Jan. 6, 2021 attacks on the U.S. Capitol, the latest development in a legal saga over the controversial practice of “debanking.”
Ticker: JPMorgan concedes it closed Trump’s accounts after Jan. 6 attack
JPMorgan Chase now confirms it closed Donald Trump’s bank accounts after the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. The admission in a court filing is the latest development in a lawsuit over allegations of political “debanking.” Trump sued last month for $5 billion and says the closures hurt his businesses. Trump also accuses the bank’s leader, Jamie Dimon, of misleading conduct and claims the bank put him on a reputational blacklist. JPMorgan says…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 43% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



























