14,000 US-bound migrants have returned south since Trump border changes, UN says
More than 14,000 Venezuelan migrants reversed migration due to U.S. policy changes, causing a 97% drop in northward migration, reports say.
- More than 14,000 mainly Venezuelan migrants who hoped to reach the United States have reversed course and turned south since Trump's immigration crackdown began.
- Nearly all said they were returning because they could no longer legally reach the U.S.
- Around a quarter of those interviewed planned to go to neighboring Colombia, previously the epicenter of the mass migration from Venezuela.
23 Articles
23 Articles

14,000 US-bound migrants have returned south since Trump border changes, UN says
More than 14,000 mainly Venezuelan migrants who hoped to reach the United States have reversed course and turned south since U.S. President Donald Trump’s immigration crackdown began, according to a report published Friday by the governments of Colombia, Panama and Costa Rica.
The Ombudsman's Offices of Costa Rica, Panama and Colombia warned this Friday of a growing humanitarian crisis in the region due to the increase in reverse migration, with more than 14,000 people returning from Mexico and the United States in 2025, in the face of a 97% drop in transit to the north through the Darién jungle. According to a joint report prepared with support from the UN and presented in Bogotá, forced returns are mainly due to cha…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 47% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium