US military preparing for potentially weeks-long Iran operations: Reuters
U.S. forces could engage in a complex, multi-week campaign targeting Iranian state and security sites, with risks of Iranian retaliation and regional conflict, officials said.
- On Feb 13, the U.S. military is preparing for possible weeks-long operations against Iran, with the Pentagon adding an aircraft carrier and thousands more troops, officials told Reuters.
- Amid rising tensions, U.S. and Iranian diplomats met in Oman last week to revive nuclear talks after Trump warned, `Sometimes you have to have fear. That's the only thing that really will get the situation taken care of.`
- Planners say a sustained campaign could strike beyond nuclear sites, hitting Iranian state and security facilities, and experts warn U.S. planners expect back-and-forth strikes given Iran's missile arsenal.
- U.S. forces across the Middle East face heightened risk from retaliatory strikes as Iran's Revolutionary Guards warned they could target any U.S. base after Iran's limited strike on Qatar.
- By contrast, last year's 'Midnight Hammer' was a one-off U.S. strike, while officials now plan sustained operations targeting Iranian facilities, officials told Reuters.
94 Articles
94 Articles
Tensions between the US and Iran appear to be rising again. The US military is reportedly preparing for a potential weeks-long military operation, while efforts to negotiate are also underway. Amid the deployment of warships and diplomatic efforts, questions arise about the impact of a conflict.
US Military Braces for Weeks-Long Campaign Against Iran
The U. S. military is preparing for possible extended operations against Iran if President Trump decides to attack. This planning raises tensions amid ongoing diplomatic talks between the U. S. and Iran. U. S. officials revealed that negotiators Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner will meet with Iranian representatives in Geneva, with Oman acting as a […] The post US Military Braces for Weeks-Long Campaign Against Iran appeared first on Modern Diplo…
US President Donald Trump has repeatedly threatened to bomb Iran because of its nuclear and ballistic missile programs.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 41% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



































