Trump Moves to Strip Protections From 44M Acres of National Forest
The proposal would open nearly 45 million acres to roads and logging, while environmental groups warn it could raise wildfire risk and harm water supplies.
- On Tuesday, the Trump administration proposed rescinding the 2001 Roadless Rule, a move that would open nearly 45 million acres of national forest to road construction, logging, and other development across 37 states.
- Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rollins said the proposal restores authority to local forest managers, arguing that removing outdated restrictions will improve forest health and reduce wildfire risk to communities.
- Environmental groups like the Natural Resources Defense Council argue the rescission increases wildfire risk, citing studies showing human-caused ignitions are four times more likely in areas with roads than roadless forests.
- Forests currently provide drinking water to 180 million Americans, and critics warn that development could degrade watersheds while harming local economies relying on recreation spots like the Appalachian Trail.
- The Agriculture Department opened a 30-day public comment period ending September 21, as the timber industry seeks to develop projects on millions of acres of old-growth trees previously protected from commercial logging.
56 Articles
56 Articles
The U.S. government is seeking to repeal so-called "roadless zone protection" legislation, which prohibits construction in unexploited public forests or grasslands.
Trump administration advances plan to rescind protections for nearly 45 million wild acres
The Trump administration will move ahead with plans to end more than 25 years of sweeping protections for tens of millions of wild, federally managed acres across the U.S. Brooke Rollins, head of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, on Tuesday filed a rule to rescind “in its entirety” the national 2001 Roadless Area Conservation Rule, […]
Trump Admin Moves to End Roadless Rule for National Forests
Internewscast Journal Internewscast The Trump administration said Tuesday it is pressing forward with a plan… This Post: Trump Admin Moves to End Roadless Rule for National Forests first appeared on Internewscast Journal
Trump admin to rescind decades-long roadless rule for national forests — enrages environmentalists nationwide
The Trump administration is moving to scrap a 2001 rule that blocked logging and road building across 59 million acres of national forest lands.
Trump administration advances plan to rescind 'Roadless Rule' protecting national forests
The Trump administration has formally proposed rescinding the 2001 Roadless Rule, clearing the way for roads and logging across more than 44 million acres of protected national forest, including in California.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 44% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



























