Trump Administration Pulls Additional $175 Million From California High-Speed Rail
The Federal Railroad Administration cited escalating costs from $33 billion to $130 billion and project delays in withdrawing $175 million from four related rail projects.
- On Tuesday, U.S. Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy announced the removal of $175 million in federal support allocated to four high-speed rail projects in California.
- This funding cut follows a July decision by the Federal Railroad Administration to cancel $4 billion citing serious delays and oversight concerns in the project.
- Withdrawn funds affect key elements including the Madera station, grade separations, track extensions, and design work for the Transbay Downtown Extension.
- Duffy called the project a "boondoggle," stating it has cost $15 billion with no track laid, while California officials labeled the cuts an illegal, political attack.
- The funding loss intensifies political and legal conflicts as the long-delayed project faces rising costs and now targets a partial route completion by 2033.
11 Articles
11 Articles
Trump administration pulls $175M from California rail project | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
The U.S. Transportation Department said today it is cancelling $175 million for four projects that are part of California’s high-speed rail project, following the cancellation of $4 billion in federal grants for the state’s ambitious but much-delayed high-speed rail project in July.
Trump administration pulls additional $175 million from California High-Speed Rail
The Trump administration is pulling more federal funding from California's High-Speed Rail project. On Tuesday, the Department of Transportation announced it was withdrawing roughly $175 million previously awarded by President Joe Biden to the California High-Speed Rail Authority. The federal funds were earmarked for several projects along the high-speed rail route, including multiple grade separations to separate vehicle and train traffic where…
Trump Cuts $175 Million From California High-Speed Rail Projects
President Donald Trump’s administration said it withdrew more than $175 million in federal funding from projects related to California’s high-speed rail, in the latest move to kneecap the long-delayed plan to connect Los Angeles to San Francisco via train.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 86% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium