Top-Ranked Jannik Sinner Withdraws From the US Open with a Knee Injury
- On Friday, World No. 1 Jannik Sinner withdrew from the US Open due to a right knee injury. The Wimbledon champion confirmed he requires additional recovery time before competing in New York.
- Since beating Alexander Zverev last month to defend his Wimbledon title, Sinner has not played a match. He previously missed the Masters 1000 events in Canada and Cincinnati due to ongoing recovery needs.
- In a statement, Sinner said, "I still need more time to recover from my right knee issue," after training in Monte Carlo. He expressed disappointment, emphasizing New York holds a special place in his heart.
- Rival Carlos Alcaraz announced his comeback from a wrist injury one day before Sinner's withdrawal, ending four months of absence. Alcaraz defeated The Italian in last year's Open final, reshaping this year's field.
- The main draw at Flushing Meadows begins Aug 30. The field now prepares for the final major of the season without the reigning Wimbledon champion competing.
70 Articles
70 Articles
The Italian, who does not compete from Wimbledon, has confirmed his retirement from the last Grand Slam of the year due to his knee problems. Carlos Alcaraz will be there.
Jannik Sinner raises white flag. The number one in the world chose not to participate in the Us Open, the last Slam of the season, due to a knee problem. Jannik, who last year...
Why Jannik Sinner is not playing US Open: Reason for withdrawal, World No. 1's emotional message & how it affects Alcaraz, Zverev
World No. 1 Jannik Sinner has withdrawn from the US Open, ending his bid to defend his title after continued trouble with a right knee injury.
It seemed like a precautionary precaution, instead the mysterious knee injury that struck Jannik Sinner was so serious that it forced him to give up the Us Open. If jumping the two Masters 1000 Augustans in Canada and Ohio seemed all in all acceptable, give forfait in the last seasonal Slam on the cement of New York is a sacrifice [...] The article Sinner, no Us Open: had never skipped a Slam. How changes the Atp ranking and why it aims to retur…
Jannik Sinner pulls out of US Open after failing to recover from knee injury
Jannik Sinner has withdrawn from the US Open after failing to recover fully from his right knee injury. The world No. 1 said recent training showed he needed more time to recover, leaving him disappointed to miss the New York major.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 36% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


































