Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Sid Wilson Changes Instagram Bio After Slipknot Confirms DJ Is No Longer ‘Associated’ With Band

The band said it will no longer be associated with the 49-year-old keyboardist and turntablist, whose exit was first reported by TMZ.

  • On Saturday, August 15, Slipknot confirmed they will 'no longer be associated' with Sid Wilson, ending his 28-year tenure with the Des Moines metal band via a statement posted to Knotfest Instagram.
  • A source close to the band told TMZ that Wilson was notified late Friday afternoon he had 'been permanently kicked out of the band,' though the group has not publicly explained specific reasons.
  • The professional split coincides with confirmation that Wilson and former fiancée Kelly Osbourne have ended their engagement; reports of relationship difficulties emerged earlier this month via Instagram Stories posts.
  • Only four members from the original nine-man lineup remain following Wilson's exit, and Slipknot has offered no roadmap for future shows, recordings, or a replacement announcement.
  • Three days before the announcement, on Wednesday, August 12, Wilson introduced himself as 'No., from the world-famous Slipknot' while co-hosting the World Scratch Invitational in Atlantic City.
Insights by Ground AI
Podcasts & Opinions

34 Articles

NMENME
Reposted by
Los Angeles Weekly TimesLos Angeles Weekly Times
Center

Sid Wilson acknowledges his exit from Slipknot

Keyboardist and DJ Sid Wilson has acknowledged his exit from Slipknot after nearly 30 years in the metal band.

·London, United Kingdom
Read Full Article
Lean Right

Official separation statement of the band was taken from website again, musicians deposited on Instagram end date of his band activity.

·Vienna, Austria
Read Full Article
Lean Left

Since the weekend there have been speculations: Does one of the most famous and successful metal bands in the world, Slipknot, have one member less?

·Zürich, Switzerland
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 39% of the sources lean Left
39% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Daily Mirror broke the news in London, United Kingdom on Saturday, August 15, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal