Published • loading... • Updated
Reports: Padres, OF Nick Castellanos agree to 1-year deal
- Two days after the Philadelphia Phillies released him with one year left, outfielder Nick Castellanos agreed Saturday to join the San Diego Padres, pending a physical, Jon Heyman and AJ Cassavell reported.
- The Phillies released Castellanos after failed trade talks and a dugout incident, where he posted a handwritten note saying `After being taken out of a close ball game in front of my friends and family, I brought a Presidente into the dugout`, and was benched.
- The Padres signed Castellanos under terms where Philadelphia covers most of his remaining pay, with San Diego paying the major-league minimum while using him as DH, 1B, and OF.
- After adding Miguel Andujar last week, San Diego's alignment grew more complex as Castellanos provides extra outfield and first-base depth behind Fernando Tatis Jr., Jackson Merrill, and Ramon Laureano.
- Castellanos leaves Philadelphia after a roller-coaster tenure that included All-Star appearances, playoff moments and a down 2026 season with a.250 average, 17 home runs, 72 RBIs,.694 OPS and 90 wRC+.
Insights by Ground AI
38 Articles
38 Articles
+7 Reposted by 7 other sources
Padres sign ex-Phillies slugger Nick Castellanos, pitchers Canning and Márquez, AP source says
The San Diego Padres have agreed to terms with outfielder Nick Castellanos and right-handers Griffin Canning and Germán Márquez, a person with knowledge of the deals told The Associated Press.
·United States
Read Full ArticleCoverage Details
Total News Sources38
Leaning Left12Leaning Right1Center6Last UpdatedBias Distribution63% Left
Bias Distribution
- 63% of the sources lean Left
63% Left
L 63%
C 32%
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


















