Published • loading... • Updated
Province will not commit to opening date on new subway line in Toronto
The Ontario Line will span over 15 km with 15 stations, aiming to serve nearly 400,000 daily trips as civil infrastructure work begins on elevated sections.
- The province has broken ground on the elevated portion of the new Ontario Line subway in Toronto, with four new stations also beginning construction.
- Metrolinx CEO Michael Lindsay says the Ontario Line plans to open in the early 2030s, potentially later than the 2031 target due to the testing phase affecting opening dates.
- Lindsay mentioned that the Don Valley Parkway may potentially be shut down to build bridges for the new subway line over the Don River.
Insights by Ground AI
27 Articles
27 Articles
Ford and Chow promise collaboration as Ontario Line construction begins
At a news conference on Wednesday, Premier Doug Ford and Toronto Mayor Olivia Chow announced that ground had been broken on the elevated portion and four stations of the Ontario Line, which will open in the early 2030s.
·Canada
Read Full ArticleOntario Line likely won't open until early 2030s — and construction could mean shutting down the DVP
The province will not commit to an opening date for the new subway line currently under construction in Toronto and warns a major expressway could be shut down to build bridges, Metrolinx CEO Michael Lindsay said Wednesday.
·Canada
Read Full Article"You need to be positive," Premier Doug Ford said about the Ontario subway project in Toronto, costing more than $29 billion.
·Montreal, Canada
Read Full ArticleCoverage Details
Total News Sources27
Leaning Left18Leaning Right1Center4Last UpdatedBias Distribution78% Left
Bias Distribution
- 78% of the sources lean Left
78% Left
L 78%
C 18%
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium











