Pope Francis says there is insufficient evidence to open probe into Quebec Cardinal Marc Ouellet
Pope rules against investigating Canadian cardinal over sex assault claim
Pope Francis has decided there is not sufficient evidence to open a Church investigation into Canadian Cardinal Marc Ouellet over allegations of sexual assault, the Vatican said in a statement on Thursday.
Vatican shelves sexual assault probe into Cardinal Marc Ouellet
There is not enough evidence to open a formal church investigation into sexual assault allegations against a prominent Quebec cardinal, Pope Francis declared Thursday. Cardinal Marc Ouellet, an adviser to the Pope, has been accused of sexual misconduct in a class-action lawsuit filed earlier this week in Quebec Superior Court.
Not enough evidence to investigate Quebec cardinal accused of sexual assault, Pope says
Ouellet, who works at the Vatican and is seen as a potential successor to the Pope, is one of the 88 members of the clergy named in a sexual assault lawsuit against the archdiocese of Quebec made public Tuesday.
Vatican shelves assault probe into Canadian cardinal claims
ROME (AP) — The Vatican said Thursday that a preliminary church investigation into sexual assault allegations by a Canadian woman against a top cardinal, Marc Ouellet, has determined the case doesn’t warrant further investigation.
Vatican shelves probe into Quebec cardinal facing sexual assault allegations
Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni confirmed allegations against Marc Ouellet were received by the Vatican and investigated by a Jesuit theologian, the Rev. Jacques Servais.
- 39% of the sources are Center
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage