Published • loading... • Updated
Ottawa says national security incident, error at emergency stockpile unrelated
PHAC denied a suspicious November access request for equipment maintenance due to irregularities and flagged it as a security incident unrelated to the December $20-million pharmaceutical loss.
- In a Feb. 16, 2026 briefing, PHAC said it denied a November request to access the National Emergency Stockpile and stated it was not related to the December 2024 $20-million medication loss.
- A vendor told PHAC that a manufacturer offered supplemental maintenance by personnel not verified as North American, so PHAC denied access without confirming the individual’s nationality.
- PHAC told MPs that it is correcting a statement one of its top officials made last week after the official said a 'foreign national' tried to access the warehouse but she did not know the person's country.
- PHAC alerted corporate security and external agencies, reporting the access inquiry to a lead security agency and prompting closed‑door committee meetings; Conservative MP Dan Mazier said he will push for more information.
- PHAC said the freezers in the November inquiry were different units from those tied to the $20-million loss in December 2024 and noted no similar incidents in 2024 or 2025.
Insights by Ground AI
36 Articles
36 Articles
National security incident 'not related' to loss of emergency stockpile drugs: PHAC
The Public Health Agency of Canada said a 2024 national security incident at an emergency stockpile warehouse was “not related in any way” to a previously reported loss of $20 million worth of medication.
·Toronto, Canada
Read Full ArticleThere is no connection between a national security incident in 2024 in the country's emergency reserve warehouse and an error that resulted in the loss of $20 million in medication, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).
·Montreal, Canada
Read Full ArticleOttawa says national security incident, error at emergency stockpile unrelated
The Public Health Agency of Canada now says there was no connection between a national security incident at the country’s emergency stockpile warehouse in 2024 and an error that caused the loss of $20-million of medication.
·Canada
Read Full ArticleCoverage Details
Total News Sources36
Leaning Left26Leaning Right1Center4Last UpdatedBias Distribution84% Left
Bias Distribution
- 84% of the sources lean Left
84% Left
L 84%
13%
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium













