Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Alleged Rape Victim of Norway Princess’s Son Says She Took Sleeping Pills

Marius Borg Hoiby faces 38 charges including four alleged rapes of women unable to consent and secret filming, with potential 16-year sentence if convicted.

  • On Friday, Marius Borg Hoiby, Crown Princess Mette-Marit's 29-year-old son, faces 38 charges including raping four women, with prosecutors citing digital evidence.
  • Investigators say digital files on Hoiby's phone and laptop prompted the probe, and the court was shown five videos seized from his residence, including four alleged rapes.
  • Police showed footage to the three victims who only realized they had been raped afterward, and one alleged victim said she was drunk and on sleeping pills.
  • A conviction could carry up to 16 years in prison, and prosecutors say the legal question is whether women were in a condition to refuse sex.
  • A witness described inviting Hoiby to her Oslo flat on March 24, 2024 after a party, while Hoiby denies the rapes and said he is `not in the habit of having sex with women who are sleeping`.
Insights by Ground AI

29 Articles

Lean Right

Mette-Marit of Norway has returned to the center of the media focus in one of the most complex moments remembered by the country's monarchy. While her son Marius Borg Høiby faces a trial on dozens of serious charges, the Princess has opted for a controversial gesture: to go to Oslo prison to see him in the midst of an institutional storm.The visit, which was intended to go unnoticed, ended up being captured by various international media and has…

·Spain
Read Full Article
Center

According to the prosecution, the first one shows consensual relations and the other four shows the violation of which the princess's son is accused.

Lean Left

In the trial of Marius Borg Høiby, another woman testified that he had filmed and touched naked without her consent, among other things. He had only vague memories of the evening, Høiby described.

·Germany
Read Full Article
Lean Right

Marius Borg Høiby, son of Princess Mette-Marit, is prosecuted on 38 counts, including four rapes and violence against ex-girlfriends. One of the complainants explained this Friday that she was exhausted, drunk and under the influence of sleeping pills at the time of the alleged rape.

·Paris, France
Read Full Article
France24France24
Reposted by
Radio France InternationaleRadio France Internationale
Center

Alleged rape victim of Norway princess's son says she took sleeping ...

·France
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 44% of the sources lean Right
44% Right

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Bild broke the news in Berlin, Germany on Thursday, February 12, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal