Mike Trout wants to return to center field for Angels and says that's easier on the body
- The franchise announced today that 34-year-old Mike Trout will return to center field, and Trout told reporters Monday, `I feel like I’m at my best when I’m in center`.
- Years of drafting and development failures left the organization without a center-field successor, and offseason moves drained power after trading Taylor Ward and acquiring Josh Lowe.
- On the pedigree side, Trout played 130 games last year and is a three-time MVP with a career.976 OPS.
- Immediate reaction focused on Trout's injury history and concerns voiced by insurance companies and medical professionals, while Kurt Suzuki, Angels manager, said spring training will evaluate him at all three outfield spots.
- Given Trout's injury history, the move comes as the Angels enter another season after back-to-back 90+ loss campaigns and predictions to finish last in the AL West, observers say.
26 Articles
26 Articles
Mike Trout wants to return to center field for Angels and says that's easier on the body
Mike Trout says he would prefer to return to center field for the Los Angeles Angels, and the star slugger says he will skip the World Baseball Classic due to insurance issues.
Angels’ Mike Trout plans on moving back to center field this season
TEMPE, Ariz. — A year after Mike Trout announced that he was moving to right field in an effort to preserve his health, he said he’s planning to go back to center. “I just feel more comfortable out there,” Trout said before the Angels’ first full-squad workout of the spring on Monday. “I feel like I’m at my best when I’m in center. But if I have to go to the corner, I’ll go to the corner.” Manager Kurt Suzuki said Trout approached him with the i…
Mike Trout Will Miss The World Baseball Classic Because He Can't Get Insurance
"Captain America" won't be suiting up for Team USA this spring.Mike Trout revealed he can't join the roster for the upcoming World Baseball Classic because he was unable to acquire insurance on his contract. The 34-year-old — who has dealt with an extensive injury history over the past five seasons with the Los Angeles Angels — would have been risking his $35 million contract without coverage. So it's pretty understandable why he'd sit this one …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 58% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


















