Kanye West postpones France gig following UK ban
French officials were weighing a ban as Ye cited backlash over antisemitic remarks and said he did not want fans caught in the dispute.
- On Wednesday, April 15, 2026, Ye postponed his scheduled June 11 concert at Marseille's Stade Vélodrome "until further notice," announcing the decision on X following mounting public opposition.
- French Interior Minister Laurent Nuñez and Marseille Mayor Benoît Payan had publicly sought to block the performance, citing Ye's history of antisemitic remarks and his 2025 track titled "Heil Hitler."
- Nuñez explored "all possibilities" to stop the show, though French legal experts note that banning a concert requires meeting "strict conditions" regarding public order and potential criminal offenses.
- This postponement creates immediate legal exposure for concert promoters and venue operators, who face potential contract disputes after officials signaled their intent to block the event.
- Ye's 2026 European tour faces continued uncertainty after the United Kingdom previously denied him entry, casting doubt on his scheduled performances in the Netherlands, Turkey, and Spain.
215 Articles
215 Articles
Kanye West Postpones Concert In France After Officials Said He Was 'Not Welcome'
Kanye West has postponed a summer concert in Marseille, France, after local officials threatened to cancel the show due to his antisemitic rhetoric. The 24-time Grammy winner took to X to explain his reasoning behind postponing his concert. “After much thought and consideration, it is my sole decision to postpone my show in Marseille, France until further notice,” the musician wrote on Wednesday morning. “I know it takes time to understand the s…
Kanye West has cancelled another gig – but what’s happening with the rest of his 2026 tour? – UK Times
Get the inside track from Roisin O’Connor with our free weekly music newsletter Now Hear This Get our free music newsletter Now Hear This Get our free music newsletter Now Hear This Kanye West’s Marseille concert has been postponed indefinitely – leaving fans wondering whether the rest of his tour will go ahead. The “Power” rapper, who now goes by the moniker Ye, kicked off his world tour with two sold-out dates at the 70,000-seater SoFi Stadium…
Kanye West postpones show in France until further notice
U.S. rapper Kanye West said on Tuesday he was postponing his show in Marseille, France’s second-biggest city, until further notice. The 48-year-old rapper, now known as Ye, wrote on X that he had made the decision “after much thought and consideration.” Ye had been scheduled to perform on June 11 at the Orange Velodrome in Marseille. Media […] The post Kanye West postpones show in France until further notice appeared first on Interaksyon.
Whew! Ye Postpones Marseille Concert After French Authorities Move To Ban Him (UPDATE)
Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, postponed his upcoming show in the city of Marseille after French authorities said they would seek to ban the concert. RELATED: Copy & Paste! North West Gives Hilarious Ye Parody During Viral Fit Check Moment Why Did Ye Cancel His Show In France? Ye’s decision came a week after he was banned from entering the U.K. Wireless Festival had booked him to headline in July. However, he faced backlash over his history …
Enveloped in controversy, Kanye West's 2026 tour was cancelled in the UK and postponed in France due to the artist's past anti-Semitic and pro-Nazi stances. A stop is scheduled for August in the Algarve, and the Portuguese government says it is "monitoring the situation." The municipalities of Faro and Loulé, which manage the Algarve Stadium, are awaiting a statement from the government.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 40% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






































