Barcelona Target Alvarez And Simeone Showdown Talks Take Key Twist
Atlético Madrid say Álvarez is not for sale as Barcelona weigh other striker options and Leipzig withdraws from a $29 million Fisnik Asllani deal.
- Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone delayed his face-to-face meeting with striker Julian Alvarez until Wednesday, August 13, pushing back the showdown originally expected today, August 10.
- Firm in their stance, Atletico Madrid has maintained that Alvarez is not for sale, with Atleti CEO Miguel Angel Gil Marin ruling out a transfer after reporting Barcelona to the Spanish Football Federation.
- "The situation is very clear, the entity made a decision that Miguel Angel explained very well," manager Diego Simeone said, emphasizing commitment to Alvarez's growth while warning against replicating Antoine Griezmann's 2019 departure.
- Following Leipzig's withdrawal from their $29 million deal for striker Fisnik Asllani due to medical concerns, Barcelona has a new opportunity to pursue the 24-year-old who previously attracted interest from the Catalans.
- Barcelona president Joan Laporta warned that their offer for Alvarez will not stand forever, and with the transfer window closing in three weeks, the club may soon be forced to consider alternative targets.
25 Articles
25 Articles
According to reports from Barcelona, the footballer hoped to have a dialogue with the leadership that did not have the expected end. This Tuesday, he arrived in the practice accompanied by one of his agents
Julian Álvarez went into open conflict with the club's leadership and set up a hard ultimatum.
Anger began to take hold of Julian Alvarez after he was unable to speak with his coach, Diego Simeone, in order to help him reach a solution regarding his desire to leave Atletico Madrid and move to Barcelona during the current transfer window...
“Don’t count on me” - Julian Alvarez transfer saga takes ugly turn as star striker issues warning to Atletico after they block Barcelona move
Atletico Madrid striker Julian Alvarez has told his club that they shouldn't count on him amid the Rojiblancos' efforts to keep him despite Alvarez's desire to join Barcelona.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 46% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




















