Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

DWP Sending Out New Mobile Jobcentres to Get People Into Work

The Department for Work and Pensions is deploying nine vans across six areas to help reduce barriers to employment amid a 5.1% unemployment rate, officials said.

  • The Department for Work and Pensions announced nine Jobcentre vans will join the fleet across six areas, including Barrow-in-Furness and Blackpool.
  • Unveiled after a pilot, the programme meets people where they are, including outside leisure centres and municipal parks, as the Government reforms employment support amid 5.1% unemployment last year, Office for National Statistics data show.
  • Previously, DWP trialled Jobcentre on Wheels vans in the Scottish Highlands, North and Mid Wales and Greater Manchester, and DWP data show more than half of visitors were not benefit recipients.
  • The Department for Work and Pensions says the expansion builds on earlier success to unlock opportunities for even more people across the country, with the programme aiming to break down barriers to employment, Pat McFadden said.
  • Bolton's Jobcentre on Wheels at Horwich Leisure Centre provides a local example of Jobcentre vans parked outside leisure centres, positioning the service as unconventional outreach into local community settings.
Insights by Ground AI

11 Articles

Plymouth HeraldPlymouth Herald
+2 Reposted by 2 other sources
Center

DWP sending out new mobile Jobcentres to get people into work

The vans will be deployed to six new areas

·Plymouth, United Kingdom
Read Full Article
Evening StandardEvening Standard
+4 Reposted by 4 other sources
Center

Jobcentre on Wheels to arrive in six areas as part of employment support drive

Work and Pensions Secretary Pat McFadden said the Jobcentre on Wheels was designed around ‘meeting people where they are’.

·London, United Kingdom
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 56% of the sources are Center
56% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Evening Standard broke the news in London, United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 17, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal