The Unconstitutional 1776 Fund
Two former Capitol Police officers say the nearly $1.8 billion fund would compensate victims of political weaponization and should be blocked.
- On Wednesday, two Capitol Police officers filed a lawsuit seeking to halt President Donald Trump's nearly $1.8 billion fund designed to compensate individuals the Justice Department claims were unjustly targeted during the Biden administration.
- Trump's fund encompasses individuals involved in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot whom he previously pardoned, as the Justice Department asserts the pool compensates victims of political 'weaponization' during the Biden administration.
- Officers injured on Jan. 6, 2021, argue the government should prioritize compensating Capitol Police who were physically and mentally injured that day, contending the administration prioritizes those who used violence against law enforcement.
- Critics argue the fund legitimizes criminal behavior and undermines democratic processes, as the legal challenge seeks to prevent resources flowing to rioters who assaulted Capitol Police officers and vandalized the historic Capitol building.
- The outcome could determine whether the Justice Department can legally distribute federal funds to those prosecuted for Jan. 6, 2021 actions, illustrating the deepening political divide over that day's events.
19 Articles
19 Articles
The President is setting up a fund from which it seems that participants in the attack on the U.S. Parliament are to receive money. Not only police officers who were in action at the time are appalled.
The enemy of the people
Donate to Democratic candidate Adam Frisch. Donate to Palmer Report. Palmer Report is leading the way in taking back our country from Donald Trump. Donate nowIf you haven’t heard yet, here is the insanity so far: About sixteen hundred January 6 rioters, including those who assaulted police officers and shouted to hang Mike Pence, could receive a share of $1.776 billion from Trump. “1776,” get it? Just like the famous year. Trump would never pay…
Jan. 6 police officers sue Trump over $1.77B ‘taxpayer-funded slush fund’ • Kentucky Lantern
Donald Trump supporters clash with police and security forces in the attack on the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021 in Washington, D.C. (Photo by Brent Stirton/Getty Images)Two police officers who defended the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, sued the Trump administration Wednesday to block the creation of a nearly $1.8 billion fund to pay people said to be victims of judicial weaponization, saying the fund would aid and encourage the pro-Trump rioters w…
J6 Police Officer: Trump Slush Fund ‘A Slap In The Face’
Harry Dunn is one of two Jan. 6 Washington, D.C. police officers who are now suing Donald Trump over what Conover Kennard appropriately calls his Cop Killer Slush Fund. Dunn is no longer a police officer. He is now running for Congress in Maryland. But he told CNN viewers on Wednesday why the slush fund endangers him, personally. Although everybody has seen what happened on January 6th, he said a lot of people don’t know that he and other J6 off…
Capitol police officers sue Trump administration to block $1.8 billion 'taxpayer-funded slush fund' for Jan. 6 rioters
Two police officers who defended the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, sued the Trump administration Wednesday to block the creation of a nearly $1.8 billion fund to pay people said to be victims of judicial weaponization, saying the fund…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 60% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium









