Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Israel's military says it targeted a Hamas commander planning attacks in Gaza

  • On Monday, the Israeli Air Force conducted a strike in northern Gaza to "remove a threat," marking the second Israeli attack since the military halted targeted killings under political instructions.
  • Washington officials previously urged Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to pause targeted killings to allow the 15-point roadmap to proceed, despite his public rejection of the plan.
  • Deployed along the Yellow Line, Southern Command troops maintain positions under the ceasefire agreement, continuing operations against immediate threats despite the military's pause on targeted killings.
  • Nikolay Mladenov, director-general of the Gaza Board of Peace, announced a new monitoring mechanism has begun operating to verify violations and ensure complete disarmament under the agreement.
  • Hamas conditions disarmament on an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, while analyst Dan Shapiro notes Netanyahu must balance right-wing coalition pressure against Washington's expectations ahead of the upcoming election.
Insights by Ground AI

68 Articles

Lean Right

The Israeli Defense Forces confirmed the death of Jamal Mahmoud Abu Kamil, who was accused of promoting “terrorist attacks”

·Vicente López, Argentina
Read Full Article
Dnevni list DanasDnevni list Danas
Reposted by
n1info.rsn1info.rs
Lean Left

The Israeli army claims that in the city of Han Younis in the southern part of Gaza today it killed the commander of a company of the militant movement Hamas who was preparing an attack on Israeli soldiers, reports the Times of Israel.

·Belgrade, Serbia
Read Full Article
Lietuvos Radijas ir TelevizijaLietuvos Radijas ir Televizija
Reposted by
lrytas.ltlrytas.lt
Center

The Israeli military said it had killed another Hamas member in the Gaza Strip, saying the slain man was a company commander for Hamas' military wing in the Khan Yunis area.

·Vilnius, Lithuania
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 57% of the sources lean Right
57% Right

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Jerusalem Post broke the news in Jerusalem, Israel on Tuesday, August 11, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal