Israeli forces intercept vessels from flotilla trying to breach Gaza blockade
Organizers said at least 31 boats were stopped as the convoy tried to challenge Israel’s blockade and draw attention to Gaza’s shortages.
- On Monday, Israeli naval forces intercepted and boarded vessels from the Global Sumud Flotilla in the eastern Mediterranean, halting the mission's attempt to break Israel's naval blockade of the Gaza Strip.
- More than 50 vessels departed from Marmaris, Turkey, last week, seeking to challenge the 18-year maritime blockade and deliver aid to Palestinians in Gaza, according to flotilla organizers.
- Israel's Foreign Ministry dismissed the convoy as "a provocation for the sake of provocation" with "no humanitarian aid," while asserting over 1.58 million tons of supplies have entered Gaza since October 2025.
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised the interception as "thwarting a malicious plan" designed to break the blockade, while reports indicate detained activists are being transferred to a floating detention facility.
- Brazil and Spain condemned the interception, while the raid revived questions about enforcing blockades in international waters, following a similar incident near Crete last month involving the same flotilla.
227 Articles
227 Articles
The Israeli army intercepted most of the ships making up an international humanitarian flotilla in Gaza, reported on Tuesday the Israeli public channel Kan. ...
Around 250 activists are arrested, ten boats are still on their way. Foreign Ministers of several countries protested against Israel's action.
Ten countries condemn Israel’s attack on Gaza-bound humanitarian flotilla
“These attacks, including assaults on vessels and the arbitrary detention of activists, constitute a clear violation of international law and international humanitarian law,” the countries said.
Israeli forces intercept Gaza aid flotilla
The organisers of a flotilla of aid vessels bound for Gaza said on Monday that Israeli forces had intercepted 39 of their boats in the eastern Mediterranean, while the remaining ships were continuing to sail toward the enclave. Earlier on Monday, Israel's foreign ministry had said on X that it "will not allow any breach of the lawful naval blockade on Gaza". Ships from the Global Sumud Flotilla had set sail for a third time on Thursday from sout…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 47% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






































