Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Iran’s President Says US Memorandum Is Best Path Out of Stalled War, and Other Middle East News

Pezeshkian said the deal can ease sanctions pressure, while Rezaei warned neighbors could face retaliation if they help Washington intensify economic warfare.

  • On Sunday, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian defended the recent memorandum of understanding, describing it as the best possible agreement to move beyond what he called a situation of "neither war nor peace."
  • President Donald Trump signed the agreement earlier this year with a 60-day deadline for ending the war and reaching a nuclear accord; that period expired last week with no compromise on reopening the Strait of Hormuz.
  • Linking the deal to economic prospects, Pezeshkian argued that Iran must reduce risk to attract investment; the economy suffers under sanctions and a naval blockade that makes exporting oil extremely difficult.
  • Mohsen Rezaei, the new head of the Supreme National Security Council, warned on Saturday that Iran would "target their interests" if neighboring countries support the United States economic war against Tehran.
  • Violence continues in the West Bank, where at least 87 Palestinians have been killed this year in almost 1,500 attacks; separately, Israel's military reported on Sunday pursuing a suspect after a stabbing attack near Jericho.
Insights by Ground AI

21 Articles

Associated Press NewsAssociated Press News
+17 Reposted by 17 other sources
Lean Left

Iran’s president says US memorandum is best path out of stalled war, and other Middle East news

Iran's president has defended a memorandum of understanding with the U.S. as the best way to end a stalled conflict.

·New York, United States
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 58% of the sources are Center
58% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Winnipeg Free Press broke the news in Winnipeg, Canada on Sunday, August 23, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal