Floyd Mayweather plans to end boxing retirement, return to pro fights after Mike Tyson exhibition
- On Friday, Floyd Mayweather Jr. announced he will end his retirement and return to professional boxing after a planned spring exhibition with Mike Tyson.
- Mayweather signed an exclusive deal with CSI Sports/FIGHT SPORTS and filed a lawsuit earlier this year alleging he is owed more than $300 million by Showtime Networks and Stephen Espinoza.
- The matchup pairs two veterans whose combined age is 107, and reports say the Tyson exhibition may be in the Democratic Republic of Congo on Apr. 25; Mayweather has taken eight exhibition bouts since retiring with a 50-0 pro record.
- CSI Sports said they'd reveal event dates, broadcast details and Mayweather's opponent in the coming weeks, while Mayweather said `I still have what it takes to set more records in the sport of boxing,' with a first professional fight tentatively scheduled for this summer.
- Commercially, the move taps a market proven by Tyson's Netflix bout and raises rematch talk after Pacquiao's return, while Mayweather alleges he is owed at least $340 million.
104 Articles
104 Articles
Floyd Mayweather Jr. unretiring after Mike Tyson exhibition
The April 25 fight against Tyson will be his ninth exhibition match since his retirement at age 40.
Mayweather Jr. Comes Out of Retirement, Again
Floyd Mayweather says he's ending his nine-year retirement and returning to competitive boxing this summer. Mayweather, who turns 49 on Tuesday, hasn't fought in a real boxing match since 2017, when he beat Conor McGregor, per the AP . Following that big-money bout against a mixed martial artist, Mayweather (50-0, 27...
Floyd Mayweather announced this Friday that he will leave his retirement and return to professional boxing after his exhibition fight with Mike Tyson this spring. The former world champion of various categories retired from boxing in 2017, undefeated in 50 fights, although he has appeared in several exhibition matches since then. "I still have what it takes to set more records in boxing sport," 48-year-old Mayweather said in a statement written …
The boxer, who is retiring with a flawless record, would continue his professional career after the exhibition match.
The fight between these two big names of boxing is scheduled for spring 2026. Neither the date nor the place has yet been announced by the organizers.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 46% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



























