Fishermen in the eastern Caribbean fear for their lives following a deadly US strike
- On Tuesday, the U.S. government said it struck three boats including one in the Caribbean Sea, killing three people without providing evidence of drug trafficking.
- The campaign began in September and U.S. strikes have killed at least 145 people, with U.S. President Donald Trump saying the U.S. is in `armed conflict` with drug cartels.
- The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts said Chad Joseph, 26-year-old, and Rishi Samaroo, 41-year-old, were among six killed returning from Venezuela, and last month relatives sued the U.S. government for wrongful death.
- St. Lucian Prime Minister Phillip J. Pierre said Monday his government is engaging diplomatic and security channels to verify facts after confirming people lost their lives.
- Critics have questioned the strikes' legality, and former St. Vincent Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves and relatives of victims have called for accountability and public statements from regional leaders.
20 Articles
20 Articles
Fishermen in the eastern Caribbean fear for their lives following a deadly US strike
An organization in St. Vincent and the Grenadines is urging fishermen to take certain precautions after decrying a recent U.S. strike in the eastern Caribbean that killed three people aboard a suspected drug boat.
Fear Spreads in Saint Lucia After US 'Kinetic Strike' on Vessel in Caribbean Waters
Tensions are rising in Saint Lucia’s fishing sector after the United States Southern Command (SOUTHCOM) confirmed carrying out a “lethal kinetic attack” against a vessel in the Caribbean Sea, an extrajudicial killing that left three people dead and, according to regional reports, could include at least two Saint Lucian citizens among the victims. Prime Minister Philip J. Pierre confirmed that “people lost their lives” in the incident, although h…
St Lucia PM targeted by death threat after US strike kills fishermen
Tensions are running high in Saint Lucia triggered by a U.S military strike on a local fishing boat that reportedly killed two citizens. In the wake of this tragedy, a viral death threat was issued against Prime Minister Philip J. Pierre, leading to a swift criminal investigation and public condemnation from former officials. Former National […]
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 60% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium












