EU extends sanctions on former Assad regime for one year, delists Syrian ministries
The bloc kept asset freezes on more than 350 listed names while easing restrictions on ministries now run by Syria's transitional authorities.
- The European Union has extended sanctions on individuals and entities linked to the former Syrian government led by Bashar al-Assad for another year until June 1, 2027.
- The EU has delisted seven Syrian entities, including the Ministries of Defense and Interior, from its sanctions list in order to support Syria's transition and reconstruction under the new government.
- The Council noted that networks connected to the former Assad regime still wield influence and could undermine Syria's political transition and reconciliation efforts.
15 Articles
15 Articles
EU Renews and Eases Sanctions on Syria: A Move Towards Stability
The European Union renewed sanctions on individuals linked to former Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, while lifting others as relations with Syria improve. Sanctions have been extended until 2027 to include travel bans and asset freezes, while broader measures have been eased to support Syria's political transition and recovery.
EU Removes Syrian Defense and Interior Ministries from Sanctions Lists
The Council of the European Union announced on Monday that it has removed Syria’s Ministries of Defense and Interior from its sanctions lists, while extending restrictive measures on individuals and entities linked to the former regime until June 1, 2027. In its official statement, the Council confirmed that seven Syrian entities — among them the two ministries — had been delisted. The move, it said, is intended to support the European Union’s r…
EU extends sanctions on former Assad regime for one year
The European Union on Monday renewed sanctions targeting individuals and entities linked to former Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government for another year, while removing seven entities - including Syria’s defence and interior ministries - from its blacklist as part of a broader easing of measures on Damascus. The sanctions were extended until 1 June 2027, following the bloc’s annual review of its Syria sanctions regime, the European Coun…
EU removes sanctions on Syria’s defense and interior ministries
Brussels, May 18 (SANA) The European Union on Monday removed Syria’s defense and interior ministries from its sanctions list while renewing sanctions on individuals and entities linked to the deposed regime until June 1, 2027. The decision followed the bloc’s annual review of its Syria sanctions framework. In a statement, the Council of the European Union said seven Syrian entities were removed from the sanctions list, including the defense and …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 55% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium









