Woman to Appear in Court over Brutal Murder of Pretoria West E-Hailing Driver
Four suspects face murder and hijacking charges after Isaac David Satlat was killed during a carjacking, with a viral video prompting urgent police action, authorities said.
- On Monday, 16 February, all suspects, including two male suspects aged 30 and 26, will appear at the Pretoria Magistrate's Court, facing charges of car hijacking and murder.
- On Wednesday, 11 February, police spokesperson Colonel Mavela Masondo confirmed the incident occurred, and the hijacked vehicle and Satlat's body were found in Atteridgeville the same day.
- A viral social-media video prompted a police probe after showing an assailant pulling the driver into the backseat, another entering, a firearm struggle, and the driver being hit and strangled.
- Satlat's family has pleaded for help to return his body to Nigeria after the shock of his murder on Saturday left them distraught and heartbroken, officials conveyed condolences.
- Officials urged law enforcement to act swiftly, as Masondo confirmed on Monday that more suspects had been arrested.
14 Articles
14 Articles
Two more arrested for horrific murder of e-hailing driver
Gauteng police have arrested two more suspects in the horrific killing of an e-hailing driver who was murdered inside a car in Pretoria West. The police launched a probe after a disturbing social media video depicting an alleged car-seat murder went viral, showing the final moments of a driver. The murder of Isaac David Satlat sent shockwaves across the country, leaving his family distraught and heartbroken. Satlats’ family has pleaded for assis…
NiDCOM Demands Justice After Nigerian E-Hailing Driver Killed in South Africa - TV360 Nigeria
The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) has strongly condemned the killing of 22-year-old Nigerian e-hailing driver, Isaac Satlet, in Pretoria, South Africa. NiDCOM’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, called for the immediate arrest and prosecution of all individuals involved, describing the growing spate of attacks on Nigerians in South Africa as deeply troubling. The statement was released on Sunday by the Commiss…
Family seeks help to bring home Nigerian student murdered in South Africa - Newsy People
The family of 22-year-old Nigerian student, Isaac David Satlat, is appealing for financial support to return his body to Nigeria after he was murdered in Pretoria, South Africa. Satlat, who worked as an e-hailing driver while studying mobile engineering, was said to be preparing for his graduation next month before the tragic incident. He was strangled after picking up two passengers in Pretoria West. His hijacked vehicle and body were rep…
Female Suspect To Appear In Court After Murder Of Pretoria West E-Hailing Driver As Investigation Continues
[Image: Screenshot] The Pretoria West community remains in shock after the brutal murder of an e-hailing driver, a case that has captured national attention and highlighted the daily risks faced by ride-hailing workers. On Monday, 16 February 2026, a woman arrested in connection with the killing is expected to appear in the Atteridgeville Magistrate’s Court. Police say the attack occurred on Wednesday, 11 February, when a driver picked up a seem…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources are Center, 50% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






