Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Testimony: At Least 18,000 Suspected Terrorists Released Into U.S. During Biden Admin

NCTC Director Joe Kent said many of the 18,000 known or suspected terrorists released under Biden were not properly vetted, with 2,000 linked to terrorist groups among Afghan arrivals.

  • Earlier this year, NCTC Director Joe Kent told a House Homeland Security hearing that at least 18,000 Known or Suspected Terrorists were released into the U.S. during the Biden administration.
  • Policy changes under the Biden administration, Kent argued, abandoned the first safe third country process, making it impossible to properly vet Afghan arrivals and facilitating their entry.
  • CBP data show rising KST apprehensions with 4,011 in fiscal 2025 and 1,949 in the first 45 days of fiscal 2026; the NCTC added roughly 35,000 narco-terrorists to the Terrorist Screening Dataset.
  • Now the NCTC is coordinating with DHS and the FBI to find and deport 2,000 Afghan arrivals and 16,000 additional individuals, with vetting expected to take 18 months to two years.
  • Authorities remain unsure who entered over the last four years, Kent warned, calling the 18,000 people with ties to terrorism the "top terrorist threat" excluding parole programs and 'gotaways'; the NCTC also cited heightened threats from ISIS and al‑Qaeda.
Insights by Ground AI
Podcasts & Opinions

39 Articles

KAKE NewsKAKE News
+33 Reposted by 33 other sources
Center

Testimony: At least 18,000 suspected terrorists released into U.S. during Biden admin

(The Center Square) – At least 18,000 known or suspected terrorists (KSTs) were released into the U.S. during the Biden administration, Director of the National Counterterrorism Center Joe Kent told the U.S. House Committee on Homeland Security at a hearing…

Read Full Article
Right

A report presented to Congress by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) raised alarms about the consequences of the immigration policy applied during the administration of former President Joe Biden. According to official testimony, nearly 18,000 people classified as "known or suspected terrorists" would have entered the country in the past four years, mainly across the southern border.Read more]]>

Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 44% of the sources are Center
44% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Breitbart broke the news in United States on Monday, December 15, 2025.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal