Colombian villagers release more than 60 soldiers who had been held captive for 3 days
- Colombia's Defense Ministry announced that 66 soldiers held captive by villagers were released unharmed and will resume operations against rebel groups in Guaviare.
- The soldiers were kidnapped on Friday, reportedly under orders from the Jorge Suarez Briceño front, a local rebel group.
- Colombia's Defense Minister warned of a ceasefire termination with the Briceño front if the soldiers weren't freed, as noted by Governor Yeison Roja.
10 Articles
10 Articles
Colombian villagers release more than 60 soldiers who had been held captive for 3 days
Colombia's defense ministry on Monday said 66 soldiers who had been ''kidnapped'' by villagers in the south of the country were released unharmed and will continue to carry out operations against rebel groups in the province of Guaviare.
Colombian villagers release more than 60 soldiers who had been held captive for 3 days
Colombia’s defense ministry says 66 soldiers who had been “kidnapped” by villagers in the south of the country were released unharmed and will continue to carry out operations against rebel groups in the province of Guaviare


Colombian farmers release 66 soldiers 'hostage' after three days
In southeastern Colombia, 66 soldiers were freed on Monday after being “held” for three days by farmers believed to have links to a dissident faction of the former FARC guerrilla movement, the government said.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 43% of the sources are Center
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage