Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Class Action Lawsuit Targets Indiana Power Authority Amid Ongoing Outages From Damaging Storms

The suit says NIPSCO ignored preventable infrastructure risks before storms that left 68,000 customers without power, officials said.

Summary by WTTW
Class Action Lawsuit Targets Indiana Power Authority Amid Ongoing Outages From Damaging Storms Matt Masterson

4 Articles

A collective lawsuit was filed against NIPSCO, the Indiana power company under scrutiny, after thousands of people ran out of electricity for weeks after the devastating storms earlier this month. The lawsuit alleges that NIPSCO did not adequately maintain vegetation around the power lines, causing widespread and prolonged power outages that have affected the region. The lawsuit includes several plaintiffs, including Jack Tipold, a resident of P…

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 100% of the sources are Center
100% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

NBC Chicago broke the news in Chicago, United States on Friday, August 21, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal