CJP to Review Status of Centre's Assurances on Monday; Keeps Option to Launch Fresh Stir Open
The party says it may launch another peaceful nationwide agitation if the government has not acted on written promises to drop FIRs and protect protesters.
- On Monday, The Cockroach Janta Party will convene its national working committee to review the Centre's commitment status, keeping the option of launching a fresh nationwide agitation open.
- The CJP ended its nationwide agitation on July 25 after then-education minister Dharmendra Pradhan resigned, following government assurances that students and peaceful protesters would face no punitive action.
- Co-Convener Saurav Das and legal affairs lead Ratna Singh raised concerns the government appeared to be "cheating" the younger generation, warning against attempts to "dilute, delay, reinterpret or dishonour" commitments.
- The Supreme Court sought a consolidated list of FIRs against protesters on August 18, yet the CJP said the Union government failed to provide it to the court.
- Supporters and volunteers have been asked to remain prepared for the Monday outcome, as the CJP asserted its "good faith" withdrawal must not be mistaken for "weakness.
18 Articles
18 Articles
Delhi Police told to control anger, avoid ‘villain’ tag during protests after CJP agitation: What fresh guidelines say
Delhi Police have been issued guidelines advising personnel to maintain professionalism, exercise restraint in protests, avoid provocations, and refrain from accepting items from protesters. It comes amid allegations of police excesses during the CJP protest at Jantar Mantar last month.
Don't mistake good faith for weakness: CJP warns Centre, weighs fresh stir
In a statement issued in New Delhi on Saturday, the CJP said it had ended its agitation “in good faith because the government gave its word to the young people of this country” and warned that its decision should not be mistaken for “weakness”.
The CJP will meet on Monday at its national executive committee to review the central government's assurances after calling off the agitation on July 25. The organization said it would consider resuming a peaceful nationwide agitation if the promises are not acted upon.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 55% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




















