Britain's royals face their worst crisis in 90 years over Andrew's Epstein links
Former Prince Andrew was held for 11 hours over allegations of sharing confidential UK government documents with Jeffrey Epstein, marking an unprecedented royal investigation.
- On Thursday, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested at Sandringham and spent around 11 hours in custody before being released 'under investigation', with images running on Friday.
- Following the U.S. Justice Department releasing Epstein files last month, investigators allege he sent confidential reports to Jeffrey Epstein while serving as a UK trade envoy.
- Commentators warned this is the monarchy's worst crisis in 90 years, while Anna Whitelock, royal historian, said it was the first arrest of a royal in centuries.
- King Charles III issued a personally signed statement that `the law must take its course` and said Buckingham Palace would support the police probe, while campaign group Republic renewed calls for abolition.
- Pressure now falls on Prince of Wales and Catherine, Princess of Wales, to restore royal integrity as YouGov's January poll showed only 3% viewed Mountbatten-Windsor favourably and 90% held a negative opinion.
85 Articles
85 Articles
As the royal house sinks into the Epstein scandal, she shines in the stadium: Princess Kate sets a remarkable sign.
Kate Middleton seen for first time since ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest at Six Nations game
Kate Middleton was seen for the first time since ex-Prince Andrew was arrested earlier this week, as she attended the England vs Ireland Six Nations game in London Saturday. Middleton, who is a Patron of the Rugby Football Union and Rugby Football League, was all smiles while sitting next to injured English player Fin Baxter in the stands. The Princess of Wales, 44, wore an England scarf over a blue suit and put on a brave face following Andrew …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 37% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


























