Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Bolsonaro’s Defense Says It Was Surprised by House Arrest Ruling

Summary by EBC
Bolsonaro’s lawyers argue that he did not breach the precautionary measure prohibiting him from using social media. The defense plans to appeal the decision.
DisclaimerThis story is only covered by news sources that have yet to be evaluated by the independent media monitoring agencies we use to assess the quality and reliability of news outlets on our platform. Learn more here.

6 Articles

Former President Jair Bolsonaro's (PL) defense team says the politician's virtual participation in the demonstrations last Sunday, the 3rd, should not be characterized as a breach of precautionary measures and denies that the former president's speech constituted a "criminal act." "The defense was surprised by the ordering of house arrest, given that former President Jair Bolsonaro did not breach any measure," the lawyers began last Monday, the …

Bolsonaro's defense said he had been "surprised" with a house arrest order from Moraes against the former president.

·Curitiba, Brazil
Read Full Article

The defense of former President Jair Bolsonaro said that it was surprising as the home prison of the former commander. “The defense was surprised by the decree of domestic prison, since former President Jair Bolsonaro did not miss any measure”, says the note. “Jair Bolsonaro did not miss any measure. It is worth noting that in the last decision that “at some time Jair Messias Bolsonaro was prohibited from giving interviews or offering speeches i…

Alexandre de Moraes claimed that the former president disobeyed orders after sending a message to supporters in Rio.

·Brazil
Read Full Article

Minister Alexandre de Moraes, judge of the Supreme Federal Court (STF) charged with investigating the attempted coup d'état in Brazil in early 2023, ordered Monday the house arrest of former President Jair Bolsonaro. According to the magistrate, the ex-mandatario failed to comply with the precautionary measures imposed on him, by posting content on the social networks of his children. Specifically, he used the accounts of his allies (including h…

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • There is no tracked Bias information for the sources covering this story.

Factuality 

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

elCanciller broke the news in on Tuesday, August 5, 2025.
Sources are mostly out of (0)
News
For You
Search
BlindspotLocal