Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released after arrest, remains under investigation
- Detectives arrested Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor at Sandringham on Thursday and released him under investigation after about 11 hours, Thames Valley Police said.
- Thames Valley Police say they are assessing reports that he forwarded confidential 2010 trade reports to Epstein after the US Department of Justice released files, prompting an investigation.
- Unmarked police vehicles were seen on Thursday at Sandringham Estate, Norfolk, where officers searched his home and continued searching Royal Lodge, Windsor, after his eviction earlier this month.
- Multiple police forces and the National Crime Agency are reviewing Epstein‑related material as the royal response states `the law must take its course` and pledges cooperation.
- The arrest is an unprecedented, extraordinary development in modern times, with misconduct in public office carrying a maximum sentence of life imprisonment, the Crown Prosecution Service warns.
507 Articles
507 Articles
Police continue to search Mountbatten-Windsor's former stately home, a day after his arrest
Police continued on Friday to search the former home of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, a day after the former prince was held in custody for the best part of 11 hours on suspicion of misconduct in public office linked to his friendship with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.Following one of the most tumultuous days in the modern history of Britain's royal family, the former Prince Andrew is back at his new home on the Sandringham esta…
André Mountbatten-Windsor, previously known as Prince André, was arrested for interrogation by the police, the last development of a scandal that is destroying the reign of Brother Carlos III.
The Epstein case continues to have repercussions around the world. On Thursday 19 February, the deposed Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested and placed in police custody, and then released in the evening, awaiting further investigation.
Today's front pages- February 20,2026
The following are the top stories in Malta's newspapers on Friday.Times of Malta leads with news that former Prince Andrew was arrested and held for hours on suspicion of misconduct while he was a trade envoy. The British police later said the ex-prince had been "released under investigation". His brother, King Charles III, issued a...
On his 66th birthday, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested, but despite the arrest, the capricious titles and everything that has happened in recent years, he could still become king.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 40% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium







































