Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

An Ethiopian fighter who had been with Al-Shabaab for over four years has surrendered to Somali forces.

An Ethiopian national who spent more than four years with the militant group of Al-Shabab has subsequently surrendered to the Somali National Army that is operating in Bakool region, a statement from the Ministry of Defense of Somalia said. The Defense Ministry said that the Al-Shabab fighter was identified as Mufti and surrendered to the Somali troops based in Quracjoome settlement, while he was one of the foreign fighters belonging to the mili…
DisclaimerThis story is only covered by news sources that have yet to be evaluated by the independent media monitoring agencies we use to assess the quality and reliability of news outlets on our platform. Learn more here.

Bias Distribution

  • There is no tracked Bias information for the sources covering this story.

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Somaliland Standard broke the news on Wednesday, August 19, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)
News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal