Published 8 hours ago • loading... • Updated 45 minutes ago
Trump says he's postponing 'scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow' at Middle East leaders' request
Trump said the pause follows appeals from Gulf allies and would keep U.S. forces ready for a large-scale assault if talks fail.
On Monday, President Donald Trump announced he is postponing a military strike against Iran planned for Tuesday at the request of leaders in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, citing "serious negotiations" underway.
Prior to the postponement, Trump threatened that the "clock is ticking" for Tehran to reach a deal following a fragile mid-April ceasefire, warning that fighting would renew if Iran failed to strike an agreement.
Despite the delay, the military remains instructed to "go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment's notice" if an acceptable deal is not reached, maintaining active readiness.
Diplomatic efforts expanded as Trump consulted with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Chinese President Xi Jinping regarding the Iran situation, revealing broader international involvement in negotiations.
The administration insists there will be "NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!" as Trump stated he expects a "very acceptable" deal, though the threat of military action remains if negotiations fail.
The US negotiations with Iran have not made any visible progress so far. President Trump continues to try to increase pressure on Tehran. Supposedly, a new attack by the US military was imminent.