Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Trump says no talks are taking place with Iran and none are scheduled

Trump said no Iran talks are scheduled as the U.S. blockade remains in force and shipping through the Strait of Hormuz stays limited.

  • On Tuesday, President Donald Trump declared peace talks with Iran "dead" and insisted the Strait of Hormuz remains "open and operating," after a 60-day negotiating period ended this week without agreement.
  • Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf retorted that the waterway will remain closed until the United States fulfills commitments including lifting the naval blockade, releasing frozen assets, and ending oil sanctions.
  • An unidentified projectile damaged a ship's engine room off the coast of Oman early Tuesday, the United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations agency reported, resulting in a crew casualty.
  • Iran is finalizing a separate agreement with Oman to manage traffic through the strait, explicitly excluding the United States as regional actors seek to bypass Washington amid failed diplomacy.
  • Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan signed a joint defense agreement earlier this month stipulating that any armed attack against one state shall be regarded as an attack against all, complicating Middle East security dynamics.
Insights by Ground AI

258 Articles

Lean Right

Donald Trump admitted that the United States is not currently negotiating with Iran, and there is no schedule for such negotiations. However, he claimed that the Strait of Hormuz is open, even though Iran insists that the US must meet certain conditions to open the strait.

Lean Right

US President Donald Trump shared a picture of a map on which the street of Hormus is American territory. Meanwhile, the United Arab Emirates reported rocket fire from Iran.

·Berlin, Germany
Read Full Article
Right

The US president indicated on his social media page that the key shipping route is fully navigable, and the blockade around Iran will remain in place.

·Budapest, Hungary
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 38% of the sources lean Right
38% Right

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

epochtimes.de broke the news on Monday, August 17, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal