U.S.-Iran Ceasefire Set to Expire with Talks at a Standstill
7 Articles
7 Articles
Referring to the expiration of the Iran-US ceasefire on Monday, a senior White House official announced that no final decision has yet been made to extend it and that the negotiation process with Tehran has remained stalled.
U.S.-Iran Ceasefire Set to Expire with Talks at a Standstill
“The fragile monthlong ceasefire between the U.S. and Iran appears set to expire Monday absent a last-minute deal to extend it and potentially end the war between the two nations,” Politico reports.
Through War and Heat, Energy Is the Story
The United States’ negotiations to end its war with Iran are at yet another standstill. Nearly six months after President Donald Trump announced military operations would last only a few weeks, the Strait of Hormuz remains closed and Iran has demanded a list of concessions from the U.S. in order to reopen it. Oil companies have been making the most of the uncertainty. As The Guardian reported last week, eight of the largest oil producers togeth…
This new verbal escalation comes as the war, triggered in late February by the US-Israeli offensive, approaches its sixth month.
Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Arakji said that Iran had not yet decided whether to resume negotiations with Washington after the end of the 60-day ceasefire, accusing the United States of violating the agreement with the resumption of hostilities.
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi stated that they have not yet made a decision on resuming negotiations with the US. Araghchi said that the agreement signed with the US was not a ceasefire but the end of the war, and that this situation has broken down.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





